Thursday, May 29, 2014

A couple of words before leaving for Boston

Today, Lori and I begin our journey up to Boston.  I can’t believe the time has come for us to leave.  As we head out, I wanted to share two words that have continued to surface.

First Word – Encouragement
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”  1 Thessalonians 5:11

We have been overwhelmed by the sheer volume of encouragement we have received from friends, family and our church family.  We cannot thank everyone enough for your many prayers, kind words and financially investing into our endeavor.   

Second Word – Confirmation
because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 1:5-7

This process has been a long time of preparation and waiting.  If you know anything about me, waiting is not something in which I have been gifted.  Thankfully the Lord, in His sovereignty, has balanced me out with a wonderful wife who models this so well.  God has been so faithful through this whole process and has only continued to confirm this trip.  Not only has He met our financial needs, but He did it in an astounding way.  People have given sacrificially for Lori and I to go to Boston to serve.  God has also allowed me to have a boss who is willing to hold my job for 8 weeks, so I can go serve in Boston.   

So as we put Atlanta in our rear view mirror, thank you for joining us in this process and helping us get to Boston.  When I think about our friends, this verse comes to my mind:


For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.”   Ephesians 1:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment